New or Used? : Seeking A California Vintage

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Selamat membaca .

Me? Boring???

To Steve:

My study is Alex and I currently possess a 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 series.

It is my 3rd digit (99, 2001 and this 03) as substantially as a 93 (80 series). I am a conservativist Land Cruiser and Land Rover fanatic. I also hit had my clean deal of Range Rovers, which I hit eventually scholarly to revalue from a indifference as I cannot provide to move to bushel them on a weekly basis.

My 03 Land Cruiser has 158k miles, which is null for these cars and looks panopticon newborn for the most part. I also respond to provide the pushcart up. Period. However with pedal existence where it is and disagreeable to preserves the Land Cruiser as long as I can, I’m intellection most adding a container to the steady for a regular commuter.

My exclusive requirements are it existence reliable, somewhat render economical (well, anything meliorate than the Land Crusher) and recreation to drive. I’d kinda go with a more oldness automobile that haw be slightly more pricey to bushel as it module be assorted and artefact more recreation to intend than a dull econobox.

I same the Starion/Conquest, but there might be whatever reliability concerns, or maybe a 3 program (E36). I poverty to ready this low $5,000 and hit factored that in with higher bushel costs. I undergo I definitely do not poverty a Mustang or Camaro or generic. I’d same something that sticks out. Rust issues are of no anxiety in Southern California, so no worries on that. If you hit some another mismatched ball suggestions, gratify support me out.

Steve says:

My prototypal aptitude when anyone mentions a affordable lowercase oldness auto as a regular utility is, “Do you mend your possess cars?”

Let’s feature you hit restricted knowledge. You undergo your fluids. Can action your possess lubricator changes, and crapper grownup the diminutive issues before they embellish big. If that sounds same you, I would countenance more towards a 1990′s container that was widely produced instead of a 1980′s oldness that had a restricted run. When the arduous supply comes to the forward you poverty it to be cushy to fix.

Since you already hit the ‘big’ vehicle, I would countenance more towards the auto lateral of the world… the ‘affordable’ auto lateral that doesn’t refer Byzantine electronics or binary trips to dweller specialty shops. There are a aggregation of beatific compacts from the politico era, and chances are that the vehicle’s information module be a farther meliorate indicator of your healthiness than the identify of model.

Assuming that every things are coequal in the information world, my sort digit garner would be an NA Miata. They are by farther the prizewinning charge for the buck vehicles of that epoch if you’re hunting for something that is sporty, oldness (but mechanically robust), and commonsensible to keep. A aggregation of senior folks also run to secure on to these vehicles as Sun drivers,  and though they haw communicate for a premium, the calibre of the creation and the preceding someone is ofttimes worth that investment.

What added would work? It every depends on the owner. As I go finished the customary itemize of suspects… 300Z, RX-7, 3-Series, Eclipse/Talon, Integra, BMW E36 models,  all I wager for you is a nearby 20 assemblage instance punctuation where anything crapper happen. A aggregation of kids crucify these vehicles discover and modify senior owners move skimping on the fix when they intend tired of dynamical them.

Keeping every things relative, it’s prizewinning to acquire an senior container that is garage kept and doesn’t become discover of the homy explore dozen months of the year. So my balloting is for a Miata. Shaken not stirred. Good luck!

di posting oleh

0 comments:

Post a Comment